Friday 4 January 2008

family feud

my top 5 funniest family moments :

Top 5 : ate janelle, chelsea, mavic, gka, mikee dancing 'tiny bubbles'
- a few Christmas eves ago and the kids are really very young and we can still make them sing and dance for a few bucks.
- complete with grass skirt costumes galore. ate janelle was the requisite choreographer and practice sessions start as early as april during the summer vacation

* ok, funny din ung lahat kme sumasayaw ng ocho ocho

Top 4 : everytime papa insists that mixing all leftover and almost rotten veggies in the fridge and insisting that they will make for a very tasty soup together (basta igisa sa bawang at sibuyas)
- this happens a lot, even now.. even more hilarious if he also insists na dapat ako ang magluto nitong pinaghalo-halong gulay na ito.

Top 3 : when mommy broke to mavic, hydz and me that she already have work permit to go to the UK (during that time it was not very funny)
- i find it funny now that i recall it because all of us had burst into tears. very 'maalaala mo kaya' moment.
- it is even funnier because we didn't even know during that time that she was actively applying anywhere to leave the country

Top 2 : just last night when we were perusing hyds' multiply account and papa said;
" patinging nga...ang payat na ni heidi, si heidi ang pinakamaganda kong anak eh."
mavic and me are right beside him and chose to ignore his comment.
Then mommy whose also beside me said "hay naku victor, manahimik ka nga jan. kung anu ano nanaman sinasabi mo."
and she sounded really annoyed. And I said that; " mommy, please, wag mo na kasi pinapatulan si papa, alam mo na nga na ganyan na sya eh, patol ka pa ng patol."
we all laughed. it's true my parents love to bicker 'cause my papa always says these things to get a reaction from mummy...which she readily obliges to. it really is endearingly funny, can't help but love them, right? :)

Top 1 :

During the time last year that I was working on my papers to apply for my visa. I enlisted the help of everyone in my family because i was going seriously mad. I was not myself half of the time due to exhaustion. (since i was working 12 hours most days 7 days a week usually on night shift) and i have to do the papers in the morning dahil un lang ang available time ko. and i wanted to leave for the SY 07-08.

grabe. it's hilarious how crazy i've become during that time. i knew i was a walking zombie who was also partly demented. but i pulled it through mostly because of the help of my family. and for their help i am eternally grateful:

- si mommy kasi she went to Llandrillo college and paid £1000 for my tuition, hehe. kala ko talaga pag nalaman nya kung magkano ung down mgba-back out na sya eh
- si papa kasi paulit ulit nyang inexplain sakin kung anu dapat gawin ko during my flight para hnd ako maligaw at mapunta sa iraq
- si nanay, dahil walang sawa sya na i-welcome ako tumambay sa bahay niya nung time na nghihintay ako ng result, hinuhulaan nya pa nga ako sa solitario eh
- si tita neneng, kasi ng-effort pa sya puntahan ang bestfriend nya sa may-mrt central station para sa referral letter ko
- si tito jhun, dahil lumabas pa sya ng office para pautangin ako ng 10k kasi i need it in 20 minutes dahil palpak ang BPI salcedo branch dun sa unang payment ko. at hnd naman ako makapag-cash advance sa Credit card nun dahil hnd ko kabisado ang pin number
- si tito eric, lagi nya ko hinahatid sa work kahit alanganing oras at pinapatibay ang hope ko
- si tita flor super tiyaga sa paghahanda ng food and sinamahan nya pa ko sa embassy
- si mikee at gka kasi inaaliw nila ko para hnd ako masyadong mabaliw
- si nica, sa pag-f-flute nya at pagpayag na maging demure
- si janelle kc sinamahan nya ko sa Ateneo bookshop para bumili ng folder for my papers
- si hyds bru, kasi sya ang permanent movie date ko. at pumapayag na hilain ko at i-bad influence kong mg-malling kahit na me class sya.
- at lahat sila, na pumunta sa bahay ni nanay nung day ng pagalis ko. grabe i know their time is precious and sobrang touch ako that they came to send me off. pinalakas nila ang loob ko. gravve!

everytime i remember those days leading to my departure. i can't help but smile, it was such a bizarre phase and i made it through 'coz my family kept me smiling and laughing in between the crazy patches


No comments: